Skip to main content

My SWAY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Computer Programming

Learning to program or coding is difficult.....some would say. But have you thought about Computational Thinking ? If you need to solve a problem you have to break it into small chunks or pieces first. (A problem into pieces? Again a problem? Oh no....Define patterns-same thing common/similar and different points ,abstraction- taking out all the details ) Let's see what computational thinking looks like and how to use it in classroom as a teacher. Computational Thinking - Lesson in Action Related Articles https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/blog/computational-thinking-10-years-later/

PBL 30 years ago and citizens of 21st century

This is something I am trying to analyse. Beyond 25 years, I had noticed how my mother taught to her students. She was teaching in primary classes. So, I heard always the phrases “subject integration”, “learning by doing “with regard to her professional talks with her colleagues; and I was not a teacher. I review that, John Dewey’s idea of “learning by doing” advanced and applied in education as a teaching learning methodology called Project –based learning (PBL), was well implemented in her classroom. Her class often went out of the school; surely with permission and with an assistant teacher. (As a child of her, I remember I was worrying about her walking and getting tired, with a class of kids).She had walked along village roads with her students creating a playful and enjoyable atmosphere. She had visited some places with streams or small lakes, tea plantations, paddy fields and official places like surveying institute. Students had come back with a lot of knowledge and experien...

Understanding

Advanced and Boolean Searches -This is a continuation from the previous stage.A very good understanding is essential for creating ,modifying and refining searches to suit the searching requirements. (Eg:Bing) Blog writing -The learner can type,write or talk on a specific topic or a daily journal.Reporting is done through basic understanding.The blogs can be used for discussion and collaboration,which develop higher level thinking of the learner. (Windows Live Writer) Twittering -Twittering helps understanding and collaboration,although facilitates simple forms of messages based on " what are you doing?" Categorizing -Digital classification-organizing and classifying files.Using folders and other tools. (Windows Operating Systems-file management,Auto Collage) Tagging,commenting.Annotating -Learner develops understanding by tagging commenting and annotating on the pages. (Microsoft Word-Ink tool,Review tab options-New Comment)     Mic...