Thursday, June 8, 2017

Training - Website Designing @ PICTEC CP


Three Day Training on Web Designing with WordPress was on the work schedule.A lot of preparation is needed as this is my first session with WordPress, to create websites.(Earlier they were on Dreamweaver). A lot of different aspects have to be considered;Participants are not going to be students under 22 years old or the teachers, whom I am well comfortable with working. Management assistants of provincial departments are going to be the participants of the workshop. Duration is just 03 days. So I had to plan certain things...."Am I going to start with WordPress online or doing it on local server first?"  Anyway my colleagues suggested to start with HTML at first day.That was confirmed and got ready for practical support in basic HTML tags. And it was done! Second and third days are for WordPress - on local server and online.. I checked all the twenty computers by installing WAMP server on them..... Three different operating systems and some errors! In WAMP Sever 2.2 installations the error
“403 Forbidden Error – You don’t have permission to access / on this server.”, ocuured due to permission mismatch both on "Localhost" and "phpMyAdmin". Online research helped to overcome them. And WAMP server could not be started (Not become green) .On Command prompt "iisreset /stop" was the solution.. So that's it. I thought.Hopefully started the day2 by introducing WordPress on WAMP server. Few error handling was done.All participants successfully created two sites on local server.First one with me. And the second one by their own. As a teacher I am happy. I have trained them successfully to work with localhost.
Waiting for the third day- Websites Online ...

No comments:

Post a Comment